I hope you’ve had a wonderful Christmas. Perhaps you’re still celebrating. We are.
Over the past several weeks, we’ve all had lots of relaxing days. Except my husband, Andy. He hasn’t had time to rest. He’s been repainting our bathrooms and carting rubbish to the recycling and resource recovery centre. But the rest of us have had plenty of time to do whatever we want.I’ve been reading, listening to podcasts, colouring in, eating and exercising. And while I’ve been doing all of this, ideas have been brewing up in the back of my mind. Every now and then, I reach for my notebook and scribble down the latest ‘fabulous’ idea. I’ve been busy making plans for the coming year.
Happy New Year!
- Of course, I’ll be writing lots of new blog posts. Readers have suggested the following topics: Evernote tips, parenting adult children, socialisation, how to podcast, typical unschooling days and weeks, helping children find their passions, handling panic moments and exercise. (Panic moments and exercise are two separate topics. Or maybe not!) I’ve also got some ideas of my own. Lots to write about!
- I’ll be putting together a ‘Start Here’ page that will point readers in the right direction to find certain types of posts. Perhaps I’ll gather a list of links for ‘starting unschooling’, ‘unschooling primary-aged children’, and ‘unschooling high school’. Any other categories?
- When I’ve got all my posts organised into ‘chapters’, I’m going to put together an unschooling book, adding some extra material.
- I’ll be recording some new podcast episodes very soon.
- I’m going to transcribe parts of my podcasts and make them into blog posts. If you find it difficult to listen to podcasts, maybe this is one way I can share some of what I talk about with you. I discovered a software program called Transcribe which might make the task of transcribing fairly easy.
- I’d also like to make an index of my podcast topics to make it easier for readers to find episodes on particular topics.
- I want to make some more videos this year. My daughter Sophie and I have ordered a new camera. (Perhaps it’ll arrive in the mail today!) It’s a mirrorless one. It’s small and light with image stabilisation, perfect for capturing video on the go, or so we hope!
- I’ve already put the next idea into action. Have you seen my Archive button on the menu at the top of this blog? Sophie found me this nifty bit of HTML that creates a list of all my posts, complete with labels. If you hover over the blog title, you can read the first few sentences of the post.
I’m also working on a lot of other ideas. I won’t tell you about all of them today. Maybe I can just share this one:
- With Sophie’s help, I have redesigned and updated my grief blog. It’s now called The Baby Loss Club. I’m going to be adding new posts as well as podcasts. Yes, I’m about to create The Baby Loss Club podcast. If you are interested, please watch out for it.
Yesterday, when Sophie came to say goodnight to me, she said, “I’ve made a list of things I want to accomplish this year, things I want to work on.” Doesn’t she sound just like me? Yes, my 14-year-old daughter has her own big plans for 2016. Perhaps I can tell you about some of them in future posts.So what do you think? Will it be an interesting blogging year? Will I actually put all these ideas into action? I’m getting myself organised, so I hope I do.