I had an idea: “Hey, Imogen, would you like to record a podcast with me? We could discuss all those wild unschooling thoughts that keep bubbling up inside of us.”
My 20-year-old daughter nodded, and asked, “What shall we talk about for our first episode?”
“How about creativity?”
So I made a list of questions we could explore. We set up our microphone. I pressed the ‘record’ button, and Imogen said, “You’re listening to the Wild Inside podcast!”
Amongst other things, we explored the following questions:
- Why are some people more creative than others?
- Can you be an artist and not be creative?
- Can everything be approached creatively? What about maths?
- Will there ever be another Mozart?
- Why is a diet of classical music not enough?
- Are all classic novels good?
- How can we encourage our children to be creative?
After we’d finished recording, I saved the audio file, deciding to edit it another day. But when I returned, I couldn’t find our podcast. I couldn’t remember what I’d called it. So for several weeks, our podcast was lost somewhere on my computer. But today I found it!
So here’s our first episode of our Wild Inside podcast. We hope you’ll listen!
|The Angels of Abbey Creek|
You can find Imogen on her blog Gossiping with Dragons.
You can also find me on…
iTunes.Please feel welcome to stop by!