Some days are difficult. Unexpected things happen, and mistakes are made. Clouds blow in and blot out the usual sunshine of our days, and we feel miserable. We let those mistakes overwhelm us. We get bogged down in woe, unable to move on, not because others fail to forgive us, but because we can’t forgive ourselves.
Last week I wrote (in my notebook) a list of my top ten tips for joyful unschooling. I added ‘forgive instantly’ to this list, not realising that a ‘huge’ mistake was looming on the horizon. Soon we’d be in the perfect position to put this tip into action.
In this week’s podcast episode:
- I tell you how I made that ‘huge’ mistake
- And how that mistake turned into a story of love, forgiveness and joyful unschooling
- I also share some previous story updates
- And lots of interesting resources!
Related blog post
Back from the Dead
On my son Thomas’ death day, my computer died. I knocked over a wine glass, and the contents flowed out onto the keyboard. There was a hissing sound, the screen flickered and that was that.
Uranium: Twisting the Dragon’s Tail
You might find extracts or links to full episodes on Youtube
Veritasium Youtube channel
The Elements by Theodore Gray
I made a couple of small mistakes while making this episode: (I’ve made a lot of mistakes recently!)
- I turned Mary Anne Cotton into Anne Cotton.
- And something went wrong with a tiny section of the audio. Please keep listening. It only lasts for a few seconds!
And maybe that original ‘huge’ mistake wasn’t that big a deal after all!
If you listen to this week’s episode… Thank you very much!