Sometimes life gets busy. Too busy. I like empty weeks: five days waiting to be filled with whatever we like. I thought last week was going to be an empty week. But unexpected things happened. We ended up having lots of appointments to attend and errands to do.
In the course of last week, I walked to and from our village a number of times as I posted and shopped and visited and attended… And as I walked, I chatted with my girls. I share some of those conversations in this week’s podcast.
I also discuss the following questions:
- Is unschooling just living life?
- Or is there more to unschooling than that?
- What if life is too quiet or too busy or there’s a crisis?
- Has unschooling changed as my children have grown older?
- Did Charlotte (17) give herself a good education?
- Was she prepared for tertiary learning?
- Or should I have supervised the last year or so of her high school years?
- Am I a proud mother?
- Is it possible for siblings to successfully teach siblings?
- And should we push children to develop and use their talents if they are not motivated to do this themselves?
I also share my latest resource discoveries!
Related blog posts:
The Music of the Primes
Catching History’s Criminals: The Forensics Story