In this week’s podcast, episode 108, I’m telling some stories and chatting about how kids and adults learn:
- What is the best motivation for learning?
- Why do we persist using teaching methods that we know aren’t working? Why do we waste our time?
- Would more people unschool if there was no such thing as homeschool registration?
- What bad habits have adults learnt that get in the way of learning?
- Do other people’s words have an effect on our inclination to learn?
- When our kids are learning to read or spell, could we end up discouraging them instead of helping them?
- Should we focus on what our kids can do instead of what they are unable to do?
- What do kids need to know?
- How do we ensure our kids have all the knowledge they will need for a successful future?
- Does our lack of trust hurt our children?
Where You Can Find Us
You’ll find lots of unschooling posts in my archive on my blog Stories of an Unschooling Family.
You might find me on Instagram at sue_elvis.
Thank you for listening to this episode. If you enjoy my podcast, please consider writing an iTunes review and sharing the link so we can spread the word about unschooling!
Have you learnt anything new recently? Please feel welcome to stop by and say hello!