Is there such a thing as a typical unschooling day? What about a typical unschooling week? Do my children spend equal time on all the key learning areas? The answer is no!
We tend to get immersed in a few things at a time. This isn’t so good for my record-keeping, but it’s a very enjoyable and effective way of learning. Recently I’ve had a lot of English and Creative Arts learning experiences to record in my records notebook, but no maths or science. Is this a problem?
I also discuss the following:
- blogging, podcasting and popularity
- our passion for Shakespeare
- learning to read:
- how I thought I was a wonderful teacher
- how I discovered I wasn’t
- the mistakes I made with my children
- what I finally learned about learning to read